What are the Top Large Play Pens for Pet Ferrets?
Ferrets are the best fun loving and the most active pets. They are very playful in nature. This makes it vital for us to provide them with proper space where they can play all day long be it alone or with other pets (if you have many ferrets). Hence, a playpen is a wonderful option to consider when it comes to keeping your ferret engaged and helping it interact with others in a protected environment. Even if you have a cage in your home. You must opt for a new play pen as it gives changes to the surrounding of the pet but also keeps it in a good mood.
Ferrets get bored staying in one place and this is why you would need a playpen. The playpens are very helpful when it comes to getting an attractive place for your pet. It provides your ferret a play area which has attractive colors and panels. A strong and well-built playpen would keep your ferret in a protected space for interacting and playing. Nowadays you would find many available options in the market when it comes to playpens, be it in stores or online websites. You just need to make sure that the playpen you are selecting is the same as the one you have in your mind for your favorite pet.
Listed below are some of the best playpens for playpen which can help you to choose the best playpen for your little friend.
1. MidWest Homes for Pets Small Animal Playpen for Ferrets
MidWest Homes is the top product which gives the best in class playpen for all types of small creatures such as ferrets, hamsters, guinea pigs and many more. It is made of the most durable and tough metal. The manufacturers have made sure that the playpen allows the pets, proper ventilation. It also allows them to play with other pets all day. This playpen model is available in six different colors and strong panels for small creatures to play and roam in it. This can be used for both outdoors and indoors.
- It is very easy to set up and assemble this playpen. There is no requirement for any tool for setting this playpen and this can be set up in a few minutes.
- It gives your pet an area of 9 square feet to play and interact.
- It gives you a warranty of a year on the playpen.
- The panels are foldable and can be stored when not in use.
- It is good for times when you are travelling with your pet on a vacation or a short trip.
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets
- Item Dimensions LxWxH:490 x 19 x 15 inches
- Material: Metal
- Item Weight:9.6 Pounds
- Provides 9 square feet of play area or interacting pen for the small pets such as hamster, ferrets, gerbil and guinea pig.
- Size: (15 H x 18 W) inches x 6 panels which gives your small animal a lot of area to play.
- It can be treated as a protected area for your pet.
- Made of durable and strong metal which also allows ventilation and visibility when it comes to your pet.
- It includes a warranty for 1 year from the manufacturer.
- Not very tall.
- Does not include a mat for the ground.
2. Marshall Small Animal Playpen for Ferrets
Marshall is one of the best manufacturers when it comes to pet food and playpens for ferrets. It has one of the top ranked playpens which are available in numerous sizes for many animals. The area of playing is safe and protected. This also offers over 9 square feet of play area for the pets. The Marshall playpen is suited for all small creatures such as ferrets, hamster and rabbit.
- It can be customized according to the space available and the pet’s requirement.
- The playpen is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use.
- No tools are required for assembling it.
- It comes with a carrying case, you need to purchase it, if you want to take the playpen with you while traveling with your pet.
- Brand: Marshal
- Item – Area: Small (9 square feet) & 18 (12 square feet)
- Material: Metal.
- Age range: All ages.
- Easy to use.
- Adds value to the product.
- Manufactured in China.
- Good for all ages.
- Available in 9 & 12 square foot.
- Not very tall.
- Does not include a mat for the ground.
3. Kaytee Small Animal Pet-N-PlayPen
The Kaytee small animal playpen is one of the best in class quality playpens when it comes to playpens for small animals. It suits rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets. All panels can be connected with each other and can be customized according to the ferret’s requirement. It has eight connectable wires which can be connected individually. It is very easy to install and can be folded when needed.
- This equipment covers nine square feet area for the ferrets to play and exercise.
- A protective plastic mat is included which helps in preventing any mess on the ground.
- Easily connected to any FerreTrail which has a passageway connector.
- Keeps the pets safe from the predators.
- Brand: Kaytee.
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH-30 x 2.8 x 19.8 inches.
- Material: Metal.
- Item Weight: 3 pounds.
- Includes a plastic mat to keep your floor clean.
- Good enclosure for guinea pig, ferrets and rabbits.
- 9 square foot plat area.
- Includes a connectable wire panel which uses 29” high and 18’’ wide and has 1’’ spacing for wire.
- The plastic mat can leak sometimes
4. KOUSI Expandable Small Animals Plastic Playpen for Ferrets
This playpen has a design which is very unique and can be expanded well. It gives a perfect enclosure for interaction for small creatures. It covers over 28 square feet of the area for ferrets which gives them the option to play and roam around the area. It also has independent panels that makes it a perfect place for storage purposes as well when you are not using it. It suits small pets such as hamsters, ferrets and hamsters.
- You can wash it and it is very durable.
- You can move it anywhere you want due to its unique design.
- Provided with a black steel wiring with matching heavy-duty plastic connectors which provides it security and protection to your ferrets.
- Procedure of assembling this playpen is easy and doesn’t require any tools.
- Installation manual is provided, which is easy to follow and takes a couple of minutes to set up the playpen.
- You can customize the playpen as there are interlocking panels. It gives you many options to the owners to customize it in different shapes and assembly.
- It is easy to keep an eye on your pet in this playpen.
- Brand: KOUSI
- Dimensions: 151.89 x 151.89 x 70.1 cm
- Material: Metal.
- Weight: 4.88 Kilograms
- Panels: 12 pieces of 28″ x 20″ Panels.
- It has 12 pieces of 28″ x 20″ Panels.
- Plenty of room for playing.
- Quick assembly.
- Customized design.
- Sturdy, portable and convenient.
- Clamps can come loose sometimes.
5. Rackaphile Small Animal Pet Playpen for Ferrets
The Rackaphile playpen can also be rated among the best in class playpen for ferrets. Its design has 8 panels which allows the ferret owner the option to assemble the playpen in multiple patterns and shapes. It is perfect for ferrets, puppies and kittens. This is not recommended for large dogs. The best thing about the cage is that it does not look like a cage.
- When folded the playpen becomes compact, which makes it easy for storage and even during traveling.
- Assembling it is also hassle-free and quick.
- It has a built-in hinged flip-down door along with a latch that slides-down.
- Made of metal which is durable and sturdy.
- The pet fence keeps the animals protected.
- It is spacious enough for the pets to play and roam around.
- Quick and easy installation: It has a 8-panel design which can be configured into multiple shapes to adjust to your room’s layout and change its shape as per your requirement. It also allows you to fold it so that it is available in compact size for easy storage and travel.
- Durable and Sturdy: The metal is fastened together by plastic connectors which are durable and sturdy. It can protect your pet from outdoor predators.
- Easy entrance and exit: Its playpen has a built-in hinged flip-down door along with a latch that slides-down. Door opening measures 11.3 x 12.9 in which has powder-coated steel wire panels for durability.
- Ideal for small pets: The fence provides a spacious play area for small animals like kittens, bunnies, puppies, hedgehogs, guinea pigs or chinchillas or hamsters. It is not suitable for large dogs.
- Panels can unsnap sometimes.
- Manufacturer: Rackaphile.
- Item Weight: 4 kg 900 g.
- Material: Metal.
- Dimensions: 41.1 x 41.1 x 20.3 inch.
Top Reasons to Keep Ferrets as Pet
Ferrets are very cute looking animals and can make great pets. Some people have given negative reviews about them as pets but this is something which they don’t deserve. They are a member of the weasel family and are very naughty in nature. You need to take care of their every need if you want to keep your friend safe and happy.
Companionship: They are very social in nature and it is better to keep in pairs. Make sure you take appropriate steps to keep unwanted litter away. You may speak to your vet for advice. In the wild ferrets are considered as predators so don’t make a mistake of keeping the smaller species of animals with them.
Desexing: You need to desex the ferret. This is something which is very important for female ferrets which remain in the heat period until they find their mate. If you don’t desex your ferret you may find that there are several complications which have arisen because of it. Recommended age is between 4- 6 months of age.
Diet: They are carnivorous animals and their main diet includes proteins, fat and some amount of carbohydrates and fiber. Consult about the diet to ensure the ferrets are receiving a balanced diet.
You Should Feed Them the Below:
- Ferrets should be fed high-quality commercial ferret food or high-quality commercial dry kitten food.
- They need raw meaty bones each week. It will help to keep their teeth clean. You can talk to your veterinarian before you feed them raw meaty bones.
- Never feed your ferret cooked bones.
- Make sure the stool of your ferret is normal and there is no constipation.
- You can also feed those fruits & vegetables in small amounts as treats. However, make sure that they are soft and digestible. You can give them fruits such as melons and pears.
- Nutritional supplements are not necessary for ferrets but can be given.
You Should Not Feed Them:
- Milk and milk-based products.
- Chewing gum.
Ferrets are very inquisitive in nature and they have a habit of chewing. So, be careful of things which you have around the cage. Don’t keep something which can temp them. If they swallow these objects it might be very dangerous for them. Don’t allow them to eat which might be toxic for them such as Xylitol, also known as the substitute of sugar. This can be found in lollies, chewing gums and goods used for baking.
Make sure that the playpen you buy is perfect for your ferret. However, among the list of the above five playpens, the best of them is the MidWest Homes for Pets Small Animal Playpen for Ferrets because it is very easy to set up and assemble this playpen. It gives your pet an area of 9 square feet to play and interact. It gives you a warranty of a year on the playpen. The panels are foldable and can be stored when not in use. It is good for times when you are travelling with your pet on a vacation or a short trip.